Thursday 5 December 2013

More Terraria & StarBound Origins stuff

For the last few weeks I've really just been wasting away... haven't really been doing anything productive :b

...

...

...

Ugh, let's just talk about some of the stuff I couldn't show or talk about throughout this year...
(Yup it's still really messy and needs more refining!)

I don't know if I've said this but I'm planning on starting Terraria (AGAIN) from the very start. With a much more refined story. It'll still be the same characters and settings but just the plot will be "changed". I want people who haven't played Terraria to be able to appreciate the story and also I think I really need to redo "day 1-5". So yeah.... I know its going to be 2 years since I started this story soon but lots of stuff has happened over the last 2 years. Like... when I first started it, I wasn't really taking drawing seriously and every picture was done with a mouse and in flash. When I looked at other people's comics it just made me feel like shit. Yes  I just said that D:

Anyway here's a few pictures and draft pages...


It's okay if you don't trust me. I don't trust myself all the time!

 Double-page spread of Nick and looking at his surroundings... I cannot stress at how much more I need into practicing drawing environments, landscapes and many other stuff :c

Full page of Miso wandering around and getting lost before stumbling across a chest containing a certain character...



I'm still working on getting those action scenes right!

Not this again!


Still trying to make female characters looking like actual female characters.

I wasn't really sure whether to post this because this is a character that appears "briefly" in about 2 or 3 chapters but only in flashbacks from a certain character... despite his short but eventual appearance in Terraria he has a much greater role in another series I'm planning... and no its not Starbound Origins. I have mentioned that the two stories I'm working on is related right? Well not SUPER related but the story from Terraria is basically ngjbhadksnjdks never mind ._.

Nequam makes a cameo appearance in this drawing I did for my friend. I cannot post the drawing here but details about it is that: The setting is at an alleyway where my friend is seen standing against a wall full of graffiti and the above picture is seen on that wall! xD



Now let's talk about...
STARBOUND ORIGINS!

I've been going back and forth with the story for StarBound Origins. I kiiiiiind of have the basic plot points for the very beginning but its the middle and the end that still need a lot of thinking into... lots of thinking! Before starting this well that is... if I even want to because I have been writing a story for SBO since Starbound was announced but now this project just feels to ambitious. I do sorta want to draw and post the first chapter of SBO to see whether people like it or not but mhmm... theres still too many other stuff to draw.


I always have a great time writing out the story for this character, he's an interesting one!

Yeah I'll spill the beans. That's Miso (aka "Gynn" as you find out later on) from Terraria. I first wanted him to be in StarBound Origins as like a um.. "anti-hero" character. But after thinking about it for a long time, the plot involving him is kind of stupid. I have changed the story of SBO greatly and Gynn's importance to the story has kind of gone down.. but don't worry I haven't fired him! The man smiling creepily behind him is an original character who, like the plot, has been changed and being worked on greatly. He hates the cold :3


A pretty old design of Noah (right) and whatshisname (left). I forgot what their poses were about D:

  A really rough draft of a "backstory" scene of my two favorite characters that I've created for SBO. Seriously, I have worked on their back stories for a long time and I cry myself to sleep thinking about their sad past. Well it might not be really sad but its the saddest thing I've written xD
( SPOILER: A CAT DIES)

Also...I sadly cannot give out their names ._.



Now lets talk about...
THE LAST SUNLIGHT

Around the middle of this year, I started talking to my friend (he wants to be called Shayaz) Shayaz was a brilliant writer who came up with the best stories I've ever heard. It's a shame he is extremely lazy and hasn't really responded when I asked if he wanted to create a manga with me... though maybe one day "Blood Petal" will be created... D:

Anyway, during maths class one day while thinking about SBO... I sort of got this idea about a story based on myself and my friends where the sun is about to explode and everyone on earth will die if they don't have a friend who has been building a spaceship for the last 10 years. Yup ahaha. It's mostly a "joke" comic with many inside jokes that my friends would understand. I was talking to Shayaz about it on the day the idea came and he laughed the whole time. Though the plot and the start of the comic is extremely stupid with a lot of flaws, the main thing going for this story is how the last remaining people try to survive in space together. So the start of the comic seems really comedic but when "they're finally is space" and as the time passes, it becomes less of a comedy and begins turning into a "psychological and survival" story. 

SPOILER: IT DOES NOT have a happy ending. Everyone dies.

 Well it's not like I was planning on even doing this story ahahah. Here's a few drawings.
(I'd post the first 5 pages I ever did of this story but it was extremely rude, done in my maths work book and if you read it, you'd be convinced it was a comedy)

 Unnamed character #1

Unnamed Character #2

I never bothered to finish designing more than 7 characters as it was just wasting my time xD
And yes that's a giant chicken.


WELL ONE LAST THING...

Theres been something I've been wanting to do for a long time on either my deviantart or youtube channel. It's really just a thing where I talk/write about a "manga of the week" and it's purpose it just to let people now about great manga that's not really known...

My youtube channel art.
On the left we see the only design of SBO Kathyrine that I have ever done :b.
Next to her we see two blob character I created when I was "The Creator".
Next we have two of my characters from "Helmet Heroes".
In front of them is a drawing of a monk that my friend asked me to draw.
Next we have, as you have seen earlier, a drawing of unnamed character #1,
Next to him we see panel with Nequam inside.
Then lastly we have a really old design of Noah :b



Well that's all guys thanks for reading! 
(I hope someone reads this D:)

4 comments: